Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas season is officially here!

Deck the Halls!!! Or perhaps just my living room. We broke down and bought a nice fake tree this year; one that we could use over the years that really looks like a tree. We have been using a "paper" tree (I guess that is what they are called), for the last couple of years and needed a change. So we invested in one the day after Thanksgiving. We even bought a plugin that smells like pine. But it is official, Christmas is coming. Music is in the air. Lights are up. Lists are longer this year. And the kids are counting the days until Santa shows up. Here are some pics...
Luke and Maia are snuggled up playing DS's together.

On a side note, some students of mine had asked if I would do what is called "No Shave November" and I said sure. ( I had no idea that it was for colon cancer research). But now I know. It lasted a whole 12 days until I shaved it all off. I came home from work and kissed Coralie. According to her, I sand-papered her upper lip off with presumably a mustache made out of steel wool. So after many days of empty hugs and hollow kisses where she barely graced me, I decided it was all going to have to go. Here is a brief documentary on the removal process.
Mustache and Beard...

Cop Mustache...

Hitler Salute...
Baby Faced...
It was the first time that I ever tried to grow something over two days. It is overrated though. My face was all itchy and the girls complained however, Luke thought I was a true man and wanted one also. My mustache and neck grew the best though.

On a final note, I was looking for a star to put on our tree and it was revealed to me this beautiful, wonderful ornament. I thought it was cute until Coralie pushed the button. I fell in love with her all over again.


I never did get the star, but I'll settle for Star Wars... especially Han vs. Greedo.

1 comment:

Creating Sarah said...

Is it bad that I kind of knew what Greedo was saying without the subtitles?

=) I love you guys. Merry Christmas!